Strawberrry is my favouritee.….
When they are in season I try to incorporate them in everything i make….. If you have read “KNOW ME” Page of mine you would know how much I love strawberries 😀
These muffins are sooo prettty lookingg….. The combination of strawberries and chocochips goes really really well and they look extremely tempting…… Before you begin lemmme warn you….They are going to finish within minutes…so make them enough……LOL..
For me…. It was more like an experiment…so i didn’t make much… I just made a batch and within minutes they were in demand…Ooopsy :(…. So Yeah… Make lots and lots of them, Coz one just cant be enough.. My mom has been wanting to eat muffins since long….She prefers vanilla or fruit flavors over chocolate….. while my brother likes it more chocolatyyy…. so i was there not knowing what to do….. So basically I incorporated the favorite flavors of each one of us………..and there it was my “STRAWBERRY VANILLA CHOCOCHIP MUFFINS”
They tasted heavenly and are sooo tempting….. The fragrance of vanilla while baking will just water your mouth and you just wanna eat them as soon as they are out of the oven…. but they taste amazing once chilled. As i always say, you can have your own version of it….so you could omit strawberries and add your favorite fruit…like raspberry or blueberry or mixed…. the choice is yours…. If you dont want the flavor of the fruit then you could simply go ahead and bake a Vanilla Chocochip Muffin…. 🙂 :*
These muffins are so fudgyy and sooo moist because of the fruit…… It just melts in your mouth. They are super easyy to make….So do try them yourself.
Makes about 10 muffins- medium sized
Prep time- 20 to 30 mins
Baking time- 20 mins
- All purpose Flour- 1 1/2 cup
- Unsalted butter- 120 gms
- Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Castor Sugar- 1/4 cup
- Yogurt-1/4 cup
- Fresh Strawberries – 1 cup diced
- Chocochip- 3 to 4 Tbsp
Preheat your oven at 180 degrees for about 10 to 15 mins.
- In a large bowl whisk butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- To this mixture add yogurt and vanilla extract and whisk until its light in color and smooth. You could use an electric whisker or whisk with your hand. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly in portions to the batter and mix. You could use a spatula now if its getting to messy with the whisker.
- Once you have combined the dry and the wet ingredients together to a smoooth paste.. add fresh strawberries and chocochips.
- Just incorporate them well in the mixture. You don’t need to mix much.
- Now line your muffin tray with muffin cups. Don’t worry if you do not have muffin cups… you can simply grease your muffin tray and add the batter directly.
- Fill in the batter and do not overfill.
- Bake for about 15 mins first and check if the muffins are done. If they are not, you could bake them for additional 5 mins.
- Lets the muffins cool down, before you enjoy eating them.
You can also serve the muffins with Ice-cream, Whipped cream , Cream Custard or Fruit syrups and Fresh fruits.
I like mine with more and more strawberries 😀 I just cant get enough of them.
You can skip vanilla extract and add strawberry extract if you want dont want the vanilla flavor incorporated.
You can decorate them simply with Icing Sugar and they are ready to go.
For any queries do contact me. 🙂