JAM COOKIES ❤
All Hail…….. Sweet…Fruityy…Chewyyyy… Jam Cookies are here !!!
My butteryy and tangyy Jim Jam cookies will melt your heart!!
These gorgeous looking Jam Filled Cookies are soo tasty…….. And the bestest part about them is that you have super fun making them. They are so so easy to make. I made about 2 batches of cookies and they were a favorite in the house. They look so pretty and the jam is the high light of these buttery cookies.
They are so buttery and chewyyy- which is the essence of these cookies……. As a kid most of us have loved Jam Filled Cookies…. They are like a treat to the eyes and the jam in it is so attractive looking.
The Choice of Jam can be totally yours… You could make right from Strawberry jam cookies to pineapple raspberry or blueberrry…. alll taste heavenlyyyy…
Honestly, this was the first time I was baking a Jam Filled Cookie. Though the cookie is really easy to make it could be tricky at times. You might end up overfilling the Jam or the Jam would spill all over the cookies etc.
Welll….. even though all these thoughts were there in my mind I had to make them. And I BAKED them late night 😛
These cookies require a lot of patience. Since the dough is buttery you need to let it rest in the oven for at least 2 hours. I kept it for almost 3 hours. This makes the cookies soft and helps it rise!!
I was totally surprised by the way they turned out….so colorful and so tastyyyy….. AWESOME !!!!!
Do try baking them…. they are soo much fun making. 😀 And the baking time of these cookies is really less as you want your cookie to be chewy and soft.
Serves- 2 dozen cookies( medium sized)
Prep Time- 2 1/2 hours ( Including the pastry dough resting period)
Baking Time- 12 to 15 mins
- All Purpose Flour- 250 gms
- Unsalted Butter- 150 gms
- Castor Sugar- 100 gms
- Baking Powder- A pinch
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- Strawberry Jam- 1 cup chilled
Pre- Heat oven at 180 degrees for about 15 mins.
- In a large bowl, Rub in butter and flour with your hands until mix well and the butter has nicely coated the flour.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and make a dough.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Once chilled, take it out of the refrigerator, and divide the dough into as many cookies as you want to make.
- Make small balls and make your thumbprint onto it. 😛
6. Now with the help of a spoon, fill in your favorite flavor of jam into the cookies. ( This is the most fun part about these)
7. Grease a cookie baking tray an place the cookies into it. Make sure you leave enough space between each cookie as they will become more fluffy.
8. Set in the oven for about 12 mins to 15 mins.
9. Bake till the cookies are slightly brown. Do not over bake the cookies.
10. Let them cool for atleast 30 mins before you eat them 🙂
Your Strawberry Jim Jam Cookies are now ready 😀
* Strawberry Jam is not compulsary. You can make your favorite flavor Jim Jam Cookies.
* The dough chilling period is important. Do not skip that step.
* Allow the cookies to cool after baking because the Jam is hot for quite a long time.
* You can add more sugar if you like your cookies more sweet.
* You can add any other extract except vanilla if you want to give your cookies a different flavor.
For any queries do contact me.