You will fall in love with this amazing Pizzaa Sauce and you would say a Big No to the canned ones. What better than making perfect freshly made pizza sauce all by yourself. My recipe for the pizza sauce is versatile and you could use it for Pasta’s, Bruschetta’s and lot more!!
Pizzas are ultimate favorite and what better than a freshly baked homemade pizza with your favorite topping. I will be posting homemade pizzas and pizza rolls soon. Keep reading for more updates 😉 Pizza sauce is more like the life of the pizza and even if you do not add toppings……..merely a pizza sauce and cheese can do wonders.
This pizza sauce recipe is extremely easy to make. Even if you are a beginner I am sure you would be able to make it easily and as tasty as it should be. The sauce is multi- purpose and you could use it for pastas or just as an addition to any of your favorite recipe.
P.S- You will never buy the canned pizza sauce once you learn how to make it all by yourself !!
The freshly made sauce is so much more rich in flavors and trust me there is no comparison with the canned ones. You can make them perfectly just the way you like it and are way better. You can also store the sauce in an air tight container for future use. If you want to use it for much longer then avoid the seasoning and freeze it. When needed just heat them and add seasoning 🙂
I love Italian and Chinese food……….. and they are on my top list whenever it comes to cooking. Baking a perfect homemade pizza from scratch was a dream come true. Pizza sauce is super easy to make….. A few ingredients and you are sorted. The only rule here is to try using a good quality tomato and try using the reddest tomato you could find. This will give the sauce and amazing color and enhance the look.
Makes about 1 cup Sauce
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Tomatoes- 4 medium sized
- Onion- 1 chopped
- Garlic- 2..3 cloves chopped
- Green Chilli- 1 (Optional)
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Roasted Chilli Flakes
- Pizza Seasoning (Optional)
- Sugar-1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil- 1 Tbsp
1. Boil the tomatoes with the skin on, on medium heat for about 10 mins.
2. Once boiled remove the skin of the tomatoes and blend in a food processor to form a puree.
3. In a pan, heat oil. Add garlic, green chilli and onions and saute till golden in color.
4. Once the onions are golden, add in the tomato puree and cook for about 2 mins.
5. Now add salt, pepper, chilli flakes, oregano, pizza seasoning according to your taste and preference.
6. Add a little water so that it does not stick at the bottom.
7. Cook on low flame for about 8 to 10 mins. This is important. Let the sauce cook on a low flame so that the flavors stay intact and the sauce is just as amazing as you want it to be.
8. Once the sauce is thick and has changed color you know that it is done.
9. Let it cool for at least 20 mins before you use it.
10. The sauce is now ready to be used.
Your delicious Pizza Sauce is now ready to be used.
* You could use butter or any other cooking oil instead of olive oil.
* Cook the tomatoes nicely if you want the flavors intact.
* Do not add too much water. The sauce is meant to be thick.
*Add the salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes according to your preference. However, use atleast half a tsp of each for a good flavor.
*You can store the sauce in an air tight container for future use. You can also freeze it without the seasoning if you want to use it for really long.
* I will be posting pizza and pizza rolls soon.
For any queries do contact me.