Bored Of Eating a regular Sponge Cake? …..No More… Try My Cake Poppers!!!
Cake Poppers are probably one of my favorite treats! I love how they look like cute little lollipops and can be made into any color or flavor to suit your party. Plus they are the perfect little bite-sized indulgence! Cupcakes might be delicious but cake pops are delicious and a lot more fun ❤ And they’re ideal for any party––from kid through adult, all will be delighted to bite into cake instead of hard candy.
I’m slightly obsessed with bringing these fun little treats to parties. There is something so whimsical about a little piece of chocolate-covered cake at the top of a stick. And they have some major advantages at dessert time…no cutting, no serving, no mess, and usually no left-overs! People can grab them and go without even having to sit down.
Another best part about it is…once you learn how to make them…You can make as many versions as you like…They can be as vibrant or as suttle you want them to be……. Cake poppers are also perfect when you have left over sponge cakes and you just do not know what to do of it…. These cake pops are a rescue…. They just change the way you eat a normal cake…and make it so much fun.
Confession: I was just adoring them once they were ready…So gorgeous looking 😀
Making cake pops is a lot time consumingg….. and could be a little bit of a problem if you are a beginner…..
P.S- I am not trying to scare you!
By dividing the work into three main steps, you can make it easier.
You can even do these steps on different days:
1. Baking the cake
2. Rolling the balls
3. Dipping the pops
If you can do these 3 things you are sorted. And you can easily make these cake poppers.
Its so much fun to make these cake poppers…. and so delicious that just gets over before you can think of it. Honestly…once I started…. It seemed like a challenge because there is so much you gotta do… and especially if you are doing all in one day. You just get so restless about how to make it and how long would it take…..But a little patience while baking would do wonders for you.
Recipe for cake poppers
Makes about 15 to 20 Cake poppers
Preparation Time: 30 to 45 mins
Making Time: 1 1/2 hours( including the freezing time)
- Cake of your choice- 1/2 k.g
- Frosting of your choice- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- Chocolate for melting- of your choice
- Sprinklers for decoration
- Lollypop sticks
- Styrofoam Block- Optional
- Food Color- Optional
1. Bake a sponge cake. It does not matter which one…. Any flavor that you enjoy the most. If you want to learn an eggless basic vanilla sponge cake Click Here. You could also use a packed cake from the market directly.
2. Allow the cake to cool completely. If the cake isnt cool… it will be difficult to give it a ball shape.
3. Now with the help of your hands or a spoon…break down the cake into fine crumbs. This is messy fun…..And my favorite steps of making cake poppers.
4. Choose a flavor of Frosting you like. This is the best part about cake pops i.e. you can choose any flavor of your choice. A can frosting is also perfect to use. However, if you wish to make it at home Click Here. You use the frosting because you need a doughy texture to form the balls. Dont add too much frosting. 2 Tbsp should be enough for a 1/2 k.g cake…. Try form a ball and see…if it drifts apart add one more spoon and try again.
5. Now use a cookie scooper to scoop out little balls or use a tbsp …. Round them with your hands to perfect little balls.
6. Put each cake ball into a tray lined with parchment or butter paper…then place it in the freezer for 10 to 15 mins.
7. Melt some chocolate in a double boiler.
8. Dip the lollypop stick into the chocolate and then insert into the cake ball.
9. Dip the cake ball into melted chocolate.
10. Add sprinklers, frosting or toppings as desired.
11. Use the styrofoam block to stick the cake pops into and for display.
12. Refrigerate the cake pops before you can enjoy them.
Your cake poppers are now ready 😀
* The cake and frosting can be entirely of your choice. You could use a ready made one or make them easily at home.
* Do refrigerate for atleast 10 mins once the cake balls are ready before you dip them in chocolate.
* If you want colorful cake poppers… melt white chocolate and add food color of your choice. Dip the cake balls in those.
* You could use a mug or any other thing to hold your cake pops for serving.
* The consistency of the melted chocolate should be fine. Keep melting again if it gets hard while making.
For further queries do contact me.
Enjoy Baking :*