Hello My Lovely Readers,
Can there be a better combination than Chocolate and Fruits? I Guess NO.
Do you have left over dry cake at home? Are you looking for an easy homemade dessert recipe? Do you want to make a dessert which doesnt require baking? If Yes, My Chocolate and Fruit Pudding is just the bestest answer to all these queries. 🙂
Wedding in the Family and Holidaying alot, and I am not being able to post as regular as i used to 😦 I feel so so sad about this. Just few more days and I shall be back in form :)Summers means food is away and more fruits and veggies are in. Chocolate and fruit Pudding is just the perfect one to make these summers. These are irresistible. The best part about the pudding is that there is no baking required. It just gets ready in minutes and you have the best dessert ready.
P.S- I was super tensed while experimenting this dessert. But I got it right and was amazed as to how delicious these taste. ❤
Also these are the best utilization of left over cakes. Not only that you could get one dry cake straight away from the market and make these most amazing pudding in the world… These are my favorite and I am so delighted to finally share them. This is a 10 on 10 rated recipe and favorite of everybody in the house.
A chilled pudding is all you need for a sinful summer indulgence. Puddings have always been my favorite. They were like a all in one dessert for me… Fruits..Cake…Cream…Chocolate… Everything i like eating ;)I simply love baking and I could bake any time of the day. But some days when I am not in a mood to bake or there is no electricity and I dont know how would I survive without my oven…. I try recipes where baking isnt required. This pudding is just the outburst of one of such experiments I perform in the kitchen. I am so happie with the way this pudding turned out.
The fruits that go along well with these are all sorts of citrus fruits. They get along amazingly with chocolate and make the best combination ever. You could use… Strawberries, Kiwi, Orange, Raspberries etc. As I always say that you can create your own version of any recipe. I would be glad if you would try these and give this a different form 🙂
This is 10 star rated recipe because it gets ready in no time. Also if you have the ingredients ready, all you need to do is add layers and your pudding would be ready. The amazing taste of this pudding is gonna surprise you, and you would still be wondering as to how easy they were to make.
Let get started now
Serves – 4
Prep Time- 1 hour (Including the time to chill the cake and pudding)
Layering Time- 5 mins
- Dark Chocolate (Compound)- 100 gms
- White Chocolate (Compound)- 50 gms
- Fresh Cream-2 Cups ( Amul Cream is used here)
- Corn Syrup- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Sugar- 2 Tbsp
- Vanilla Essence- 1 Tbsp
- Grated chocolate to top
For the Fruit Layer
- Strawberries- 50 gms
- Kiwi- 50 gms
- Orange- 50 gms
- Blackberries- 50 gms
- (All fruits must be chopped and left in sugar syrup for about 15 to 20 mins in the refrigerator)
For the cake layer
- Dry cake- 2 cups ( It could be of any flavor u prefer)
- Vanilla Frosting- 3 tbsp ( You could use any readymade frosting, However if you wish to make it all by yourself Click Here.)
1. Start with the bottom most layer. In a bowl, Crumble the cake with your hands. Now add the frosting and mix nicely until is is combined. For more details on how to use your frosting correctly check my Cake Poppers Recipe.
2. Chop the fruits of your choice, you could only make it with one fruit too.
3. While the fruits and the cake layer are chilling, Make the chocolate pudding, In a heavy bottom pan, add cream. Once the cream starts boiling add in chocolate.
4. When the chocolate melts down completely add the remaining ingredients and stir until the desired consistency is achieved. I like mine a little thick.
5. Cover the pudding with a plastic wrap and let it chill in the freezer. This should take about 30 mins.
6. The best part comes now , where in you would layer the pudding. Start by the bottom most layer.
7. In a serving glass, Add about a inch and a half layer of cake, followed by a 2 inch layer of fruits and top with loads of chocolate pudding,
8. You can add fruits and grated chocolate for decoration.
9. Serve Chilled.
Your chocolate and fruit pudding is now ready 🙂
* The cake and the frosting can be of any flavor you prefer.
* Make sure the pudding is chilled before serving.
* If the pudding does not take the desired consistency you may add more corn syrup.
*Make sure you use a heavy bottom pan as the pudding will stick to it.
* If you want to make a single fruit pudding, Go Ahead. You can make these with just strawberries too.
* Do not add extra frosting it will ruin the flavor.
Want to try more summery recipes. Try my:
For More queries and updates do contact me.