Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Pink Frosting ❤
Well this is not my first attempt of cupcakes. I am sure you have read my previous recipes: Lemon Cupcakes and Strawberry Vanilla Chocochip Muffins. But no cupcake list is ever complete without chocolate cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes are the most sinful indulgence ever. And trust me you can make so much of variety in chocolate cupcakes itself. I have started with the basic one…. Simple Chocolate Cupcakes. I have a lot more to try and test but these are my ultimate favorite.
I hardly know someone who doesn’t love cupcakes. I mean cupcakes are truly one of the finest creations. It is a blessing in the baking world. I simply ❤ Cupcakes. Honestly, I love cupcakes more for their decoration. Yeah, I know its a little weird but that’s me :P. Whenever I go to a Bakery, I eye on those gorgeous looking cupcakes…. “The color…The decor..The sprinkles” all of it attract me…… I would rather buy a cupcake which is gorgeous looking than my favorite flavor…Seriously!!!
P.S- ” I buy cupcakes which is more appealing to my eyes, and if they weren’t perishable I wouldnt eat them ever “.
If you are a regular reader of my blog, and follow my recipes religiously, you would know that I don’t use eggs in any of my baking or cooking. Surprised? Yes, its true. These chocolate cupcakes are so moist and fluffy that one fails to recognize that they are egg less. Try it on your own and you would be surprised by the end results. I promise. 🙂
The best part about my chocolate cupcake recipe is that its so so easy. You don’t need any fancy ingredients and no extra amount of work in the kitchen. All you have to do is mix the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients together and your chocolate cupcakes are ready…. Yes, its that simple.
If you are a beginner this recipe is just for you. Make it and you feel like a pro in the baking world. Impress all your friends and dear ones with these Yummmy cupcakes which are extremely easy to make. For the cupcake frosting, I have used a basic Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting and added a drop of pink color to it. But you can use it without the color or add your favorite color…The choice really is yours. Not only this, you could make a chocolate frosting too… I have given the recipe for both the frosting although I made the vanilla one. 🙂
The chocolate frosting isnt difficult. All you have to do it add unsweetened cocoa to the vanilla frosting. Also if you want to top it up with a chocolate ganache you can do that too.
Lets begin with the recipe of the cupcakes.
For the Cupcakes:
- All Purpose Flour- 1 1/2 cup
- Unsalted Butter- 50 gms
- Vegetable Oil- 1/4 cup
- Castor Sugar- 1 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa- 1/3 cup
- Baking Powder- 3/4 tsp
- Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/4th tsp
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- Buttermilk- 120 ml
- Cooking chocolate- 50 gms
- Sprinkles-( Optional)
For the Vanilla Buttercream:
- Unsalted Butter: 150 gms
- Icing Sugar- 100 gms
- Vanilla Extract- 2 tsp
- Heavy Cream- 1/2 cup
- Pink Color- 1 Drop ( Optional)
Makes about- 10 to 12 cupcakes
Baking time- 2o mins
Prep time- 15 mins
Preheat the oven for 15 mins at 180 degrees.
1. Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar and salt and keep aside in a large bowl.
2. In a bowl, melt together butter and cooking chocolate for 30 seconds in microwave. If not melted completely, stir and keep for 30 seconds more. Make sure you dont heat it for more than 30 seconds else the chocolate will burn.
3. Now add this melted chocolate to the dry ingredients and beat it with the help of a electric beater. Use it at low speed. Remember, we don’t want to over beat the mixture.
4. Add vanilla extract and oil.
5. Add buttermilk to get a smoother consistency. Do not over beat.
6. The mixture will be thick. Stop using buttermilk once you get the desired consistency.
7. Line your muffin tray with cupcake liners and add the mixture with the help of a scoop. Make sure you will the cupcake liners only 3/4th.
8. Bake for 15 mins at 180 degrees. Check after 15 mins with the help of a skewer. If it comes out clean, your cupcakes are ready. If not bake for 5 mins more.
9. While the cupcakes are baking, make your frosting.
10. Whip butter until its light in color. Add icing sugar and beat till its fluffy. Add vanilla extract. Now slowly fold in heavy cream with the help of a spatula. This will give it a smooth finish.
11. Add a drop of food color. I added PINK. You can add your favorite color.
12. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, Use a piping bag to swirl in the frosting and top it with sprinkles. If you dont have a piping bad to it with the help of a spoon.
Your chocolate cupcakes are now ready.
* Do not over bake your cupcakes. Or it will become way to dry.
* You can add more chocolate and unsweetened cocoa if you prefer dark chocolate.
*Let you cupcakes cool down completely before you can add the frosting on.
*Either use a piping bag or a spoon to add the frosting.
*Do not over stir the mixture as it will spoil the cupcakes once you bake.
*Fill the cupcake liners only 3/4th else they wont rise.
Write to me for any queries.
Looking for similar recipes. Try my: