Super Moist, Super Chocolaty, Super Yummy. Best Banana Loaf Ever.
Hello Lovely Readers,
Baking a Bread has always been on top of my bucket list but I had never tried them. Honestly, I was always scared that they might not turn out the way they are supposed to be. Well, I am so so glad that I have finally baked them and to my surprise it turned out amazing. They are on my hit list and a Ten On Ten recipe. My family loved it too and trust me they are high on demand. 🙂
Banana Bread is the best creation ever. I wonder why I didnt try them earlier 😦 This Banana Chocochip Loaf is
easy very easy to bake. All you have to do is throw all the ingredients in the bowl, mix them and bake it. Simple isnt it. My super moist Banana Chocolate Loaf along with a scoop of ice- cream is the best dessert you could make. If you are a beginner at baking, and dont know where to start from- I would suggest you to try baking these Banana Chocochip Bread. They are moist, chocolaty and really really easy to make. They make you feel like a perfectionist.
P.S- I have used whole wheat flour for my Banana Chocochip Loaf .
This Banana Chocochip Loaf is low on calories. There are a lot of bananas, whole wheat flour and walnuts. They are low in calorie which is why you wont mind picking another piece of it. I am not really a calorie counter, but if you can bake something healthy yet so delicious then why not? I have used 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour to 1/2 cup cake flour. But if you wish, you can bake them with cake flour itself. The choice is totally yours. It wont make a difference to the taste and the moistness of the cake.
A banana loaf cake is like a really vintage dish in the baking world. Its been made since ages. They are called Banana Bread but its more like a moist, sweet, fluffy piece of cake. I wonder why are they called BREADS . The best part about a banana bread is that you can eat it for Breakfast, with your Evening Tea or as a dessert. It serves all your cravings at its best.The shelf life of this cake is 3 to 4 days and trust me its as tasty as it is on the 1st day. All you have to do is microwave it for a few seconds and its ready 🙂
The trick to a really moist and flavored banana bread is to use a very ripe banana. Yes, you heard it right. Those bananas which have black dots on them are the ones you are supposed to use. When i asked my mom, to get me the ripest bananas she could find, She just laughed at me thinking I was talking nonsense.. LOL. She got me pretty looking ones and I had to wait for 2 days for it to ripe…arghh…. So, next time you have bananas rotting in the house, don’t throw them away, BAKE. 🙂 The best part about this bread is that you can Bake them any time you like. Banana is a fruit which is available almost all the time. With the most basic ingredients available in the kitchen, you can bake them.
P.S- Use the Ripest Banana Possible.
Lets begin with the Recipe for my Banana Chocochip Loaf.
- Over Ripe Bananas- 4 ( Medium Sized)
- Unsalted Butter- 50 gms
- Whole Wheat Flour- 1 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour- 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder- 2 tsp
- Corn Starch- 1 Tbsp
- Castor Sugar- 3/4 cup
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Milk- 1/2 cup
- Semi Sweet Chocochips- 1 cup
- Walnuts- 1/2 cup (Optional)
Makes 1 Loaf ( 9 to 5″)
Preparation Time- 15 mins
Baking Time- 50 mins
Pre Heat oven for 15 mins at 180 degrees.
1. Mash the bananas with your electric whisker or with the help of a spoon. This process should take about 5 to 7 mins. Make sure there are no lumps and its smooth.
2. In a bowl, sieve together, wheat flour, Cake flour, sugar, salt, corn starch and baking powder and keep aside.
3. Once the bananas are mashed, Add butter and Vanilla extract and beat it for 1 min.
4. Now add the dry ingredients alternatively with milk until everything is combined.
5. The batter will be thick and do not over beat.
6. Once everything is combined add chocochip and fold in with the help of a spatula.
7. Line your 9 to 5″ baking tray with a parchment paper and pour the batter in it.
8. If you wish, you can add some chocochips and walnuts on the top.
9. Bake for 50 mins in a preheated oven at 180 degrees. Check after 40 mins with the help of a skewer. If the skewer does not come out clean, bake for 5 more mins.
10. After 25 mins, cover the tray loosely with aluminum foil to avoid heavy browning.
Your Banana Chocochip Loaf is now Ready 🙂
* Use as ripe banana as possible for a super moist Banana Bread.
* Do not overfill the baking tray as the bread will have no space to rise.
* You can bake a simple Banana Bread too and avoid Chocochips.
*You can substitute milk with yogurt in this recipe.
*Dont Over beat the batter.
Looking for similar easy and healthy recipes? Try my