These Savory Pancakes are the heartiest breakfast meal and the best way to start the day. My all new breakfast recipe is high on taste quotient but super high on health quotient.If you wish to make a tasty and healthy breakfast combination this one is a must try for you!!!
My Oats and Vegetable Patties were a huge hit. They were amazingly delicious and healthy. When I made those, I thought that they were the best oats recipe attempt ever. But I guess I was wrong. Because these Oat Pancakes are a 10 on 10 recipe. A complete win-win…You neither lose on the taste quotient and nor on the health quotient.
P.S- These are my new favorite breakfast recipe ❤
I have been attempting a lot of healthy breakfast options these days. My motive is to make the first meal of the day as healthy as possible. No matter how much we aspire to eat healthy food… Lets face it…The fact is, if the food isnt tasty then we really don’t like to it. Oats is one of those. As I mentioned in my previous post I am not a oat lover at all. Infact, given an option I would rather skip it. But its really high on protein and fiber and should be a part of your daily meal. So here is yet another healthy oat recipe.
These pancakes are savory unlike the regular pancakes or the fruit flavored ones. Also, they have a lot of vegetable toppings. The choice of vegetable is totally yours. The batter too is a mix of herbs and spices. It has rice flour, semolina, herbs and vegetables. Its a really easy mix and an instant pancake. These pancakes take very little time to cook and are ready in less than 15 mins.
P.S- MyFarmhouse Oat Pancakes are perfect to start your day with!!
Oats are really high on Protein and Fiber. They help you maintain weight and its worth it if you include them in your diet plan. They keep you full for quite sometime and yet are low on fats and sugar content. This recipe is a hub of nutrients. Oats and alot of healthy vegetables. I have used carrots, bell peppers, onions and tomatoes to top my pancakes but you can use a wide variety of other vegetables like mushrooms, corn, green leafy vegetables etc. I have drizzled over some Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce over them. Its not compulsory but this sauce really enhances the taste and flavor. You can again use any sauce of your choice but yes a sweet and sour flavor would work well with the pancakes.
The pancake batter is really rich in flavors. The taste quotient is high. You don’t need to add too fancy ingredients on top because there are a lot of flavors and spices added to the batter. The green capsicum and spring onions gives them a nice earthy flavor. All other spices add to the exotic flavor to the pancakes.
RECIPE: FARMHOUSE OAT PANCAKES
Makes- 8 Pancakes (Medium Sized)
Preparation Time- 10 mins
Cooking Time- 5 mins
For the pancake:
- Oats Flour- 2 cups (Roast the oats in a pan for 5 to 6 mins and then grind them)
- Rice Flour- 3/4 cup
- Semolina- 1 cup
- Capcicum- 1/2 finely chopped
- Corriander- 2 Tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic- 5 to 6 cloves
- Green Chilli- 2 to 3
- Spring Onions- Finely chopped (Greens of it)
- Garam Masala- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Black Pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice-1 Tbsp
- Water- 1/2 cup
For the Toppings
- Onions- 2 sliced
- Tomatoes- 2 to 3 Chopped
- English Carrots- 2 to 3 Grated
- Green Chilli- 2 to 3 Finely Chopped
- Crushed Black Pepper- 1/2 tsp
1. Add all the ingredients under the pancake section in a grinder along with a 1/2 cup water and grind it until a smooth consistency is reached. Add a little more water if desired.
2. The batter should be smooth and not too watery.
3. Now heat a non- stick pan and add a little oil to it.
4. Add a spoon full of the mix in the pan to get a perfect round. The pancake would be thick.. dont spread it.
5. Now, add the toppings along with crushed black pepper and flip.
6. Cook evenly from both sides. This process should take about 5 mins
7. Line the pancakes one on top of another and drizzle some Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce over it or any other sauce of your choice.
8. Serve Hot.
Your Farmhouse Oat Pancakes are now ready.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : email@example.com
Looking for more Breakfast Ideas? Try my: