Do you love eating pie but don’t know how to bake it? Do you love the apple and cinnamon combination? Do you wish to make a perfect pie at home? Well.. if Yes..Your search ends right here.
My Caramelized Apple Pie is perfect ❤
It feels amazing to be blogging after so many days. Being on holiday is fun..But as a blogger.. you somewhere down the line miss blogging and your blog. Well atleast for me it has been really tough. All this while, I was so anxious about my blog. I couldn’t wait to get back home…Cook.. and Blog. Just after a day’s rest, I couldnt resist myself than to blog. Blogging is more like a therapy now… It makes me happy. Its like my food diary, where in I love to pen down my recipes for all you lovely people.
An Apple Pie has been on my mind ever since I was on my holiday, and had it in one of the restaurants. I had to try it myself. So, as soon as I got back..I started working on my recipe. I am so glad with the final results. They tasted amazing. Making a pie is not a rocket science. You just have to follow a few important steps and once you are over them with perfection..you will have the best pie ever.I love the combination of Apple and Cinnamon. I believe its a match made in heaven. Your room will be filled with the aromatic fragrance of cinnamon..and its really difficult to stay away from that OVEN :p Though a pie doesn’t take alot of time, i couldn’t keep myself away.
P.S- Apple and Cinnamon are a match made in HEAVEN ❤
If you are a regular reader of my blog you would know that I really love pies are tarts. Most of us do have this myth that pies and tarts are the same. Well there is a significant difference among them.
PIE: A pie is a sweet or savory dish with a crust and a filling. The sides of a pie dish or pan are sloped. It can have a just a bottom, just a top, or both a bottom and a top crust. Pies are served straight from the dish in which they were baked.
TARTS: A tart is a sweet or savory dish with shallow sides and only a bottom crust. Tart crusts are usually made from pastry dough: traditionally flour, unsalted butter, cold water, and sometimes sugar.
A pie usually has a bottom and a top crust and is served in the baking dish itself. So its quite different from the tarts. You will find a lot of tart recipes on my blog. A variety of Fresh Fruit Tarts.. Raspberry Tarts..Mango Tarts.. and a lot more yet to come. But baking a pie is my very first attempt. A pie can both be sweet and savory… it totally depends upon your liking and preference. I will be doing a savory pie really soon.
This caramelized apple pie is my ultimate favorite. The taste of these caramelized apples is unbelievable. There are two ways you can make the apple filling ready for the pie. You can either cook them in butter and sugar and simmer it for some time so that the apples are cooked and caramelized. If you wish to opt a simpler option you can just mix sugar and cinnamon along with the apple and let it rest for some time. Once they are baked the apples would be caramelized. I prefer the first option. Although it is a little time consuming but its totally worth it. The apples become really soft and juicy and you really cant stop yourself.
P.S- My Caramelized Apple Pie is extremely Addictive.
The pie crust is really simple to make. There is no difficulty at all in making it. Just take the correct measurements and your pie crust will be ready. A pie takes about good 20 to 25 mins to bake. In case of an apple pie… you firstly need to bake the pie crust for about 5 to 7 mins..then add the filling and cover the pie from top and bake it again for about 15 mins. The pie is sweet and hence the crust need not be golden brown in color. A light brown color looks perfect. Do not over bake the pie. It has to be a little soft and chewy. If you over bake it the crust will become hard.
RECIPE: CARAMELIZED APPLE PIE
Makes – Single 9″ Pie
Prep Time- 30 mins
Baking Time- 20 mins
For the Pie Crust:
- All Purpose Flour- 100 gms
- Castor Sugar- 50 gms
- Unsalted Butter- 30 gms
- Baking Powder- 1/4th tsp
- Chilled Water- 2 Tbsp
For the Apple Filling:
- Large Red Apples- 2 to 3( diced in cubes)
- Sugar- 4 to 5 Tbsp
- Cinnamon Powder- 1 tsp
- Unsalted Butter- 2 Tbsp
- Salt- A pinch
For Serving: (Optional)
- Whipped Cream
- Apricot Jam
1. In a large bowl, add flour and butter. Rub the butter with your hands until it is evenly mixed with the flour. Now add sugar, baking powder, water and form a dough. Do not over knead the dough.
2. Once the dough is ready cover it with a plastic wrap and let it set in the refrigerator.
3. In a heavy bottom pan, heat butter and add the diced apples to it. Let it cook for about 2 mins. When the apples simmer down a little, add sugar to it.
4. The mixture will start bubbling up, and the apples are caramelized , add cinnamon and salt and turn off the flame. Let the mixture cool down.
5. Take out the dough, and roll it into a circle larger than 9 inches in diameter so that it can cover up the pie tray. Once the dough is rolled out.. Line it in a 9″ pie dish. Make sure it is at least 1/2 cm thick.
6. Circle out the remaining dough, and cut thin strips to cover the pie from top.
7. In a pre – heated oven, bake the pie crust for about 6 mins at 180 degrees.
8. Once the crust is half baked, take it out and add the apple filling. Now cover it with thin strips in any combination your desire..You can either make only vertical lines or make square boxes by putting one horizontal and one vertical line.
9. Now bake it for 15 mins at 180 degrees.
10. Let it cool a little. Serve warm directly from the baking dish.
Your Caramelized Apple Pie is now ready.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking For Similar Recipes? Try My: