Who doesn’t ❤ Nachos? Well, all of us do. Do you know you could make your favorite nachos at home all by yourself. If you wish to make your favorite nachos in a baked version you definitely should try this recipe.
P.S- It is like a must when you are out with your friends or watching a movie or just a chit chat over tea. Nachos serves as the best thing to munch and is an all time favorite.
Honestly, I prefer Nachos over other chips like Lays, Uncle Chips etc. I have never been a huge fan of these. Even if I do eat them, I like the Plain Salted Flavor. Nachos has become an all time favorite. I like the spicy salsa over the cheesy one. What about you? They come in so many flavors these days and are an ultimate favorite among kids and elders. I think people prefer eating nachos over popcorn these days in the theaters. You can either eat them directly from the packets or the baked ones that we get in restaurants.
like LOVE baked nachos. I feel its a meal in itself. Topped with a lot of cheese and sour cream its the best thing ever. A plate full of baked nachos and a perfect drink to go along with it and my day is sorted. I have been wanting to make my baked version of the nachos and I finally made them. I call these Pizza Nachos because they are exactly like a pizza. It has a lot of veggies and cheese.
P.S- Nachos these days have become a party ESSENTIAL ❤
Truely, No party is complete without nachos. It is not only easy to assemble but also yummy. I have made the corn tortilla chips i.e nachos myself. YES, you heard it right. It is extremely easy to make. If you don’ t wish to make it on your own, you can go ahead and get your favorite flavor from the store too. The choice is entirely yours. I chose to make the nachos on my own because I was quite excited to make this dish from the scratch. And it is really a challenge for a food blogger to come up with better ideas for the readers. We really have to be on our toes to bring something new and innovative all the time.
Making the Nachos all by Yourself:
You have to keep 3 Things in Mind:
1. To knead a perfect dough. Cornmeal is different from the regular flour that we use..and hence you have to be careful while kneading the dough. Make sure you do not add a lot of water to it. The dough shouldn’t be too soft.
2. Rolling out the dough is a difficult thing to do. You have to be gentle and patient. Avoid using too much flour while kneading the dough.
3. Fry them at a really low flame so that they are evenly cooked.
Talking about the procedure or efforts in making the nachos all by your own is that, the process is fairly easy. If you are a beginner at cooking this could be a little difficult. By this, I do not mean to discourage you…but all I am trying to say is you have to be extra careful. The only difficult part here is rolling out the dough for the nachos as cornmeal dough can be difficult at times to handle. If you are a pro at using a cornmeal dough then this wouldnt be a difficult process for you at all. One has to be quite patient while rolling out the dough as it tears off easily. You have to be very gentle and alert while rolling the dough. Once you have succeeded this step..all you have to do it cut it into triangle shapes and fry them.
The toppings can vary depending upon your taste. You could go ahead with a typical mexican version by incorporation baked beans, kidney beans, sour cream, spring onions, etc. or could go ahead with regular veggies. Since, I call it a Baked Pizza Nachos…. I have kept it closer to pizza toppings. I have included onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, cilantro and my favorite seasonings. You can really play around with the flavors and toppings. 🙂
RECIPE: BAKED CHEESY NACHOS
Makes about- 1 serving
Preparation time- 1 hr 30 mins ( includes dough resting time)
Baking time- 10 mins
- Cornmeal- 100 gms
- All Purpose Flour- 3 to 4 Tbsp
- Thyme- 1 Tsp
- Oil- 2 Tbsp
- Onions- 1/2 cup ( Finely Chopped)
- Tomatoes-1 cup
- Bell Peppers- 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms- 1/4 cup
- Cilantro- 2 Tbsp
- Green Chili- 2
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes- 1/2 tsp
- Fajita Seasoning- 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice- 1/2 tsp
- Mozzarella Cheese- 1 cup
1. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients under the Nachos heading and knead a smooth dough. Cover it with a cling film and keep aside for an hour.
2. Once the dough is ready, divide it into two parts and start rolling each at a time. Roll it very carefully until you get a very thin rolled out dough.
3. Now cut it into triangles, and deep fry them in a pan.
4. Once they are fried, add fajita seasoning mix when they are hot so that the chips are nicely coated with the seasoning.
5. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients under the toppings section until combined.
6. Now, in a baking dish place the chips at the bottom, add the toppings mixture and finally top with mozzarella cheese.
7. In a pre-heated oven, bake it for 5 to 10 mins at 180 degrees.
8. Serve Hot.
Your Baked Nachos Pizza is now ready.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cook or bake anything from Cooking Diary By Shruti…Please Share the Pictures on Instagram or Facebook and Tag @cookingdiarybyshruti. I would love to see them. Also I would feature it on my blog.
Looking for More Mexican Recipes? Try My: