Piri Piri Corn Salad with Wholewheat Pita Chips is surely a great way to start the month of October. Healthy is surely Tasty too. My Piri Piri Corn Salad Just Defines That. ❤
Heyiii All You Lovely Readers 🙂
Firstly, I would like to thank each one of you for all your love. Each day I receive alot of Messages and Emails , and my day is just made with all the amazing things you say and it gives me confidence to do more better. I also whole heartedly welcome your feedbacks so please keep writing in. Also, I just reached my 1st Milestone on INSTAGRAM with 1000+ Followers 🙂 OCTOBER couldn’t begin more better than this…..Isn’t It?? Well there is a lot more to do…. but the first 1k followers are always special I believe. ❤
If you have been a regular follower and reader of my blog you would know that I have been really excited about the month OCTOBER since my last blog post. October is my favorite month because Its my Birthday month and also because of all the Festivals and Celebrations around. Through out the month, I feel each day is a Celebration. My Piri Piri Corn Salad with Wholewheat Pita Chips just show that the celebrations have begun.
P.S- My Piri Corn Salad with Wholewheat Pita Chips are spicy, tangy, and healthy.
As you know, I started my new section SALADS in the previous month. The Cucumber Ribbon Salad with Yogurt Mint Dressing was loved by everyone. On one hand where that salad was cool…sweet…and very summery, this salad is very peppy. It is spicy..tangy and is served with wholewheat pita chips for that extra crunch. You can also eat it as a salsa with any other chips of your choice. I preferred homemade wholewheat pita chips. In this recipe you will learn to make both the salad and the chips. You can use the Whole Wheat Pita Chips and serve it with Soups, Salsa and even Pastas. It is really versatile.
If you Love Amercian Sweet Corn you are surely going to love this salad. I have used a ready made Piri Piri Sauce to add in the spice to this salad. If you don’t have it you can also use Piri Piri Powder or make the sauce at home. The choice is totally yours. Now, whether you can make this sauce without any Piri Piri Sauce then my answer would be NO. I mean you will have a salad but it wouldn’t be a Spicy Salad anymore. However, if not this, I would suggest you to add a few chopped green chilies for the flavor.
This Salad tastes amazing with Whole Wheat Pita Chips. It balances out the spicy-ness of the Salad. You can serve it with a ready to eat chips of your choice if you don’t prefer making the Whole wheat Pita chips. These are fairly easy to make and are ready in no time. This salad can be well prepared before hand and served when desired. I am in love with these pita chips. They are made without yeast. I will be doing a pita bread recipe soon on the blog. You can surely replace the whole wheat flour with all purpose flour (maida). The quantities and the recipe remains the same.
Without much a do…lets begin with the recipe.
RECIPE: PIRI PIRI CORN SALAD WITH WHOLE WHEAT PITA CHIPS
Makes- 2 cups salad and a plate full of chips
Prep Time- 20 mins
Baking Time of Pita Chips- 15 to 20 mins
For the Salad:
- Partly Boiled American Sweet Corn- 1 cup
- Red Onion- 1 Chopped
- Tomatoes- 2 (Diseeded and Chopped)
- Cabbage- 1/4th piece (Chopped)
- Ginger- 1 Inch Chopped
- Lemon Juice- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- Piri Piri Sauce- 1 Tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Pepper- to taste
- Taco Mix- 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro- 2 to 3 Tbsp (Finely Chopped)
- Roasted Red Chilli Flakes- 1/4th Tsp
For the Whole Wheat Pita Chips:
- Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
- Water- To knead the dough
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Baking Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Oil- 30 ml
1. In a large bowl, Take whole wheat flour, Oil, Baking Powder and knead a soft dough using adequate water. Knead the dough for atleast 5 to 7 minutes on a flat surface so that the gluten in the dough is developed. Cover with a damp towel and leave aside for 1 hour.
2. In another bowl, add Onions, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Corn, Ginger, Salt, Pepper, Taco Mix, Roasted Red Chilli Flakes and keep aside.
3. Now, take one fourth of the dough and roll it out. Apply Melted butter and fold it to form a Semi- Circle. Do the same with all the dough.
4. Grill this in the oven for about 15 mins at 180 degrees or until the dough is crisp. Once done, you can sprinkle over a lot of taco mix and cut them into triangles or any desired shape of your choice.
5. While serving, mix lemon juice and cilantro to the salad. Place them in your serving dish and top with a lot of pita chips.
Your Piri Piri Corn Salad with Whole Wheat Pita Chips is now ready.
Thank You for Making it Happen 🙂 1000 + Followers on Instagram. If you wish to connect with CDBS on a daily basis follow me on Instagram @cookingdiarybyshruti.
Looking For Similar Recipes? Try My