My Choco Swirl Almond Fudge Muffins are the best I have made so far. These are a burst of flavors in the mouth and melts like cotton.
My Banana Chocochip Loaf was a huge hit in the family. The cake was over the same day. Trust me. It was a 10 on 10 recipe and my family was craving more of it. But as we bloggers, keep trying something new, I didnt want to repeat it so early. Then I thought, why not…. But with a twist.
These Choco Swirl Almond Fudge Muffins are extremely moist. They melt in your mouth like cotton candy. And there are alot of flavors incorporated under one. There are almonds, walnuts, chocochips, chocolate pudding and what not. My muffins do sound a little complex but are super easy to make. If you loved my Banana Chocochip Loaf, you are going to love this one too.
Usually, when you use a lot of ingredients in one, there is a possibility of losing out on flavors as all the flavors are mixed. But, these muffins are different. You can easily distinct out each flavor individually. I made two batches of my almond fudge muffins. One was without the chocolate swirl and one was with the chocolate swirl and lots of chocolate chips. Both tasted divine.
P.S- These muffins are extremely addictive.
I doubled my recipe this time, because everyone keeps complaining about the fact that they get over so soon. But, even that didnt help. More han 70 % of my muffins got over the same day. These muffins are that addictive. LOL. So, please make them enough 😛
The muffins are really rich in flavor. As I mentioned you can make them without the chocolate swirl too. I like the addition of chocolate flavor to it. It just enhances the smoothness and taste. Like all my recipes, this one is EGGLESS too. They are on my hit list. I was surprised as too how easy they were while making but at the same time they tasted effortlessly amazing. I have again used ripe bananas in these muffins to bring out the flavors and moistness of the muffins. Therefore, if you have an over ripe banana at home do try these muffins.
P.S- Never throw away over ripe bananas, use them in your cakes and muffins to bring moistness and to enhance the flavors.
I have added lots of almonds to my muffins. I crushed the almonds and added them to both my batter and topped my muffins with almonds too. Well if you dont like almonds, you can try walnuts too. The choice is entirely yours. Make them the way you like.
Now lets begin with the recipe of the Chocolate Swirl Almond Fudge Muffins:
- Ripe Banana- 1
- All purpose flour- 1 1/2 cups
- Almond Flour- 1/2 cup
- Castor Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
- Butter- 60 gms
- Salt- A pinch
- Yogurt- 3/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract- 1/2 tsp
- Finely Chopped Almonds- 1 cup ( 1/2 cup for garnishing)
- Chocochips- 1/2 cup ( Optional)
For the Chocolate Pudding:
- Fresh Cream- 1 cup
- Dark Compound Chocolate- 40 gms
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Corn Syrup- 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract- 1/2 tsp
Makes about 15 muffins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 20 mins
Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 180 Degrees
1. Sieve together All purpose Flour, Almond Flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda and keep aside.
2. In a bowl, mash the bananas. Add sugar and butter and beat until its smooth in consistency.
3. Add vanilla extract.
4. Now, add the dry ingredients in batches, alternatively with yogurt. Make sure you do not over beat the mixture.
5. Once everything is combined, add the finely chopped almonds and chocochips.
6. Fold them in with the help of a spatula.
7. Line your Muffin tray with muffin liners or simply grease them.
8. Pour the mixture. Make sure you only fill 3/4th of the muffin tray. Now add 1 tsp Chocolate Pudding on top of each muffin batter and just spread it with the help of a toothpick. Read the recipe to make Chocolate Pudding here.
9. Top with lots of chopped Almonds.
10. Bake for 20 mins at 180 degrees in a preheated oven.
11. After 20 mins, Check the muffins with the help of a skewer. If it does not come out clean, Bake for 5 mins more.
Your Choco Swirl Almond Fudge Muffins are now ready.
*You can also make plain almond fudge muffins as I have. All you have to do is skip the Chocolate Swirl and Chocolate chips
* Make sure you do not over beat the mixture.
* If you dont get ready made Almond Flour, you can substitute it with almond milk too. Or simply make them at home by crushing 100 gms of almonds in the mixer and sieving them.
* Use as ripe banana as possible for smoothness.
Looking for similar recipes? Try my