Tired of thinking what to make for breakfast? or Bored of making those sweet pancakes with fruits. I bring to you these healthy yet yummy savory pancakes.
Hello Lovely Readers,
When I did my earlier post on Savory Pancakes i.e Farmhouse Oats Pancakes little did I know about savory pancakes. For me they were quite an innovation. I honestly preferred the savory ones more in comparison to the sweet ones. Although, I cant wait for the strawberry season to hit in so that I can make my favorite strawberry pancakes 😛 Nonetheless, today I am up with another savory pancake recipe which is the semolina pancakes.
This recipe is one of my favorites and I wouldn’t be lying if I said that I have these at least 3 times a week. This one is totally my Mom’s recipe and I do not want to take credits for this. It is ready with simplest of ingredients and is so surprisingly delicious. You can have them for breakfast, or for your evening snack or also for lunch. These are light yet filling. Who doesn’t want these kind of recipes which are healthy yet satisfying to the taste bud.
My semolina pancakes are ready in a jiffy and wouldnt take much of your time and effort. This is the best part. I mean, I am always looking for recipes which hardly take any time but the end results are amazing. Easy yet delicious is the way to be. These pancakes are best when they are served hot and they do not require any syrup or dip. You can enjoy eating them just the way they are.
P.S- They do not have any vegetables in them just the goodness of semolina.
Semolina is very healthy and it is very light for the stomach. I simply love any dish made out of it. You can have it daily. It does not carry any fats if it is steamed or cooked with minimum amount of oil. As I said earlier this recipe has minimal ingredients and it works the best that way. If you wish you can add veggies to it but it is not a compulsion. The main ingredients to be used in this one are green chillies, curry leaves and yogurt.
RECIPE: SEMOLINA PANCAKES
Makes : 4 to 5 medium sized pancakes
Prep Time: 15 mins
Making Time: 5 mins
- Semolina- 1 cup
- Yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Water- 1/4th cup
- Green Chillies- 2 Finely Chopped
- Onions- 1 Finely Chopped
- Cilantro- A handful Chopped
- Salt- to taste
- Black Pepper- to taste
- Curry Leaves- A handful
- Black Mustard Seeds- 1 Tsp
- Oil- 2 Tbsp
- Cooking Soda- 1/4th tsp
1. In a bowl mix semolina along with yogurt, water, green chillies, onions, cilantro, salt, black pepper and cooking soda.
2. Mix all the ingredients to for a smooth consistency. It should have a pour-able consistency but not to thin. If needed add more water.
3. Leave this mixture aside for atleast 15 mins for it to be ready to be made.
4. In a deep pan, add 1 tsp oil and heat.
5. When heated add black mustard seeds a little and curry leaves. Once it starts cooking add a ladle full mixture in the pan. Cover the pan and let it cook for a minute. Now flip it on the other side and again cook for a few minutes.
6. Cook until it has brown spots on both sides. Make sure you cook it on low flame and covered.
7. Serve hot with yogurt or eat it just like that.
Your Semolina Pancakes are now ready.
If you cook or bake anything from Cooking Diary By Shruti…Please Share the Pictures on Instagram or Facebook and Tag @cookingdiarybyshruti. I would love to see them. Also I would feature it on my blog.
Looking for similar recipes? Try my: